Sunday, January 1, 2023

Best and Worst Films of 2022

Here it is! My best & worst of 2022. This year I've seen 100+ new releases, which isn't a lot compared to other film enthusiasts, but definitely a lot for me (next year I plan on catching up on some missed classics instead of focusing on new releases). Out of those new releases, I only rated 9 of them 4 stars. Some people may assume that I just don't like films very much, but it's quite the opposite. I'm just very critical! Hence the name! Anyway, I do think that it's been a good year, but a lot of my favorite films this year were critically panned. I guess that happens sometimes.... 

Best 

1. After Yang
2. Triangle of Sadness
3. Men
4. Resurrection
5. Everything Everywhere All at Once
6. Emergency
7. Blonde
8. The Banshees of Inisherin 
9. Guillermo del Toro's Pinocchio 
10. The Fallout

Worst 

1. The Weekend Away
2. They/Them
3. Blackout
4. Firestarter
5. The Bubble
6. Last Seen Alive
7. Morbius
8. Umma
9. Spiderhead
10. Memory 

There are still quite a few films that I haven't had the chance to see yet (Aftersun, Till, Women Talking, She Said, The Whale, Decision to Leave to name a few...) so check back in July for my updated list, as per usual! 

No comments:

Post a Comment