Thursday, May 9, 2019

Summer Movie Preview: 12 Movies that I'm Excited About

1. John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum (5.17) - I was a fan of the first two, so it's natural that I'm excited for the third, but then, after this, I'm hoping that they are done. Anything more will be overkill.

2. Booksmart (5.24) - I really like Beanie Feldstein (she's Jonah Hill's sister). I also really like Olivia Wilde, and I'm excited for her directorial debut.

3. Rocketman (5.31) - I think this looks fantastic. I adore Taron Egerton - and he proved to have a knack for singing Elton John songs with his voice work in Sing. I'm a little hesitant because I also thought that Bohemian Rhapsody looked fantastic, and it was a hot mess, but I tend to enjoy watching Egerton for two hours no matter what, so I think I'll be happy with it.

4. American Woman (6.14) - I've been waiting for Sienna Miller to step back up to a starring role after starring in endless roles as "the wife". This looks ideal for her talents and has a great supporting cast - Christina Hendricks and Aaron Paul.

5. Men in Black: International (6.14)- I never thought in a million years that this would be the film I would be most looking forward to this summer, but here we are. Chris Hemsworth and Tessa Thompson made a great team in Thor: Ragnarok, so I think they'll have great chemistry in this. Plus, if I remember correctly, I actually enjoyed the third installment? I think I did....

6. The Dead Don't Die (6.14) - Jim Jarmusch. Bill Murray. Tilda Swinton. Zombie comedy. Done.

7. Spider-Man Far From Home (7.2) - Homecoming was super cute, I expect more of the same. But, I'm not on board with Jake Gyllenhaal as Mysterio. The trailer made him seem super cheesy, and I'm not ready for Gyllenhaal to be anything other than giving Oscar-worthy performances.

8. The Lion King (7.19) - I just have to see it. I'm hesitant, but the trailer is pretty strong. The Lion King had a big impact on my childhood - my cat is even named Simba, so if it's not good, then I'm going to be pretty pissed off.

9. Once Upon a Time...In Hollywood (7.26) - BRAD PITT AND LEO IN A MOVIE TOGETHER DO NEED TO SAY ANYTHING ELSE??? I think it really says a lot about Leo, that Hollywood's biggest directors (Scorsese, Tarantino, Luhrmann, and possibly Spielberg) want to work with him multiple times.

10. Hobbs & Shaw (8.2) - I'm a sucker for this franchise. Some are terrific, some are garbage, but I need to see them all.

11. In the Shadow of the Moon (8.9) - Michael C. Hall in a movie about a serial killer...um...I obviously HAVE to watch it. Although, I'm not sure if Hall is the serial killer. It will be incredibly disappointing if he's not.

12. Where'd You Go, Bernadette (8.16) - I don't know much about this film, but it has an excellent cast and it's directed by Richard Linklater (the only film of his that I didn't like, is his most praised - Boyhood).

No comments:

Post a Comment