Thursday, November 15, 2018

Holiday Movie Preview: 4 Films that I'm Excited About

1. Mary Poppins Returns (12.19) - To be completely honest, I don't think I've ever watched Mary Poppins in one sitting. I've definitely seen the whole movie, just not all at once. It was just never really my thing. I certainly wasn't excited when they announced a sequel. However, as soon as they announced Emily Blunt in the role I AM HERE FOR IT. She can do it all. I am pretty sure this will be the biggest movie of the year.

2. Bird Box (12/21) - Sandra Bullock!! In a post-apocalyptic thriller about surviving monsters who kill you as soon as you see them? OKAY!

3. On the Basis of Sex (12/25) - I always appreciate when they make biopics about people who are still alive. Ruth Bader Ginsburg is an absolute legend and should have had several movies made about her already. She's fought for equality for all and has impacted the lives of millions - and she's still going! I think Felicity Jones will do a good job of showcasing her uncompromising strength. She'll likely get an Oscar nomination for it.

4. Vice (12/25) - I read about Christian Bale taking on the role of Dick Cheney, but I didn't realize the movie is directed by Adam McKay (he made The Big Short, which was an incredibly well-made film - probably one of the best of the past decade). I saw the trailer before First Man, and I was blown away. I'm so excited for it! Not only is Bale unrecognizable (for real, HOLY SHIT), but Sam Rockwell as W. made me laugh out loud. He's perfect. If you haven't seen the trailer, I suggest you watch it (I mean, it's not like it's spoilers or anything. We already know what happens...).

No comments:

Post a Comment