Thursday, May 31, 2018

Summer TV Preview: 4 New Shows to Watch

1. Take Two (ABC) - HELLO RACHEL BILSON!! It was a complete joke that her last show, Hart of Dixie lasted so long (76 episodes! Really? That's insane.). I just adore her so much that I will always support her new efforts (I think I lasted a full 7 episodes of Dixie). I don't really know anything about this show other than it's her and Eddie Cibrian and they solve crimes together (I think?).

2. American Woman (Paramount) - I still quote Clueless on a daily basis. Alicia Silverstone is a goddess, and I've missed her so much. The plot synopsis is that a "single woman struggles to raise her two daughters on her own", which is already a strong premise. I am interested in Paramount as a television network (they took over for Spike). I really liked their mini-series Waco (extremely problematic, but also very cinematic) that aired earlier this year.

3. Castle Rock (Hulu) - Stephen King. J.J. Abrams. Do I need to say anything else??? That's not even considering the cast: Sissy Spacek, Jane Levy, Terry O'Quinn. This is my most anticipated show of the summer.

4. Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan (Amazon) - I think I've said this before, but I've actually read several of the Jack Ryan stories. My grandmother was a huge Tom Clancy fan, so I would read at least one every summer. I enjoyed them. I enjoyed the movies that have been made based on the character (for the most part). I'm really excited for the tv show for one reason, though: John Krasinski.

No comments:

Post a Comment