1. Jackie - (12/2) I've heard wonderful things about Natalie Portman's portrayal of Jackie O, most critics are saying she's a lock for a best actress nomination. I believe them because when Portman is "on", she is fucking terrific (for example: Black Swan). I'm excited to see it, just for her performance, but also because Jackie's story is fascinating.
2. La La Land - (12/9) This looks spectacular. A musical starring the dream team of Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone, combined with that glamorous old Hollywood feel, I just simply can't wait. It's already received strong reviews, and Oscar talk. I have a feeling it might be my favorite movie of the year (*crosses fingers*).
3. Office Christmas Party - (12/9) I just really like the cast - Jason Bateman, Jennifer Aniston (I really wish these two would star in a tv sitcom together. Wouldn't that be wonderful?), Courtney B. Vance, Olivia Munn, T.J. Miller. I've seen a few commercials, and it seems like it could be a fun holiday movie.
4. Fences - (12/25) "Directed by Denzel Washington" is all I really needed to know, but "starring Denzel Washington and Viola Davis" is icing on the cake. A reprisal of their roles on Broadway, in which they both earned Tony awards for, is sure to be fantastic.
5. Live By Night - (12/25) Written, Directed and Produced by Ben Affleck - I am looking forward to this the most, because he's never let me down (as an actor, now that's a different story). Argo, The Town, and Gone Baby Gone are all among my favorite films. I'm hopeful that this movie meets the high standards that he's set for himself.